renpy/Wiki Home Page
From Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine
The Ren'Py Wiki
Welcome to the Ren'Py wiki. This is a place for community contributions to the Ren'Py project, including documentation and code. It used to be the main place for Ren'Py documentation, but the latest documentation has moved. There's still a lot of older documentation here.
Because of excessive spam, new accounts need to be approved before they can edit. Email pytom at bishoujo.us or message PyTom on the Lemma Soft Forums, and I'll quickly approve you.
- The Quickstart Manual teaches you how to make your first visual novel.
- The FAQ answers common questions.
- Tutorials teach how to make games.
- The new manual explains how to use Ren'Py, but isn't finished yet.
- The Reference Manual contains the rest of the documentation.
- Translations into other languages.
- Cookbook recipes for common tasks.
- Frameworks help make more complex games.
Support & Development
- The Ren'Py Section of the Lemma Soft Forums are the place to post support questions.
- Our bug tracker is for bugs in Ren'Py.
- Launchpad is our project management site.
The English-Language Visual Novel Community Wiki is a good place to start when looking for resources (character art, background art, music, fonts, etc.) to use in your game.